Our sustainable product vision
Create resilient fibers that deliver on our brand promises, use fewer finite resources, extend garment wear life, and ultimately can be recycled or composted at end of life.
Tackling sustainability challenges
As we work toward a circular system for our products, our aim is to use fewer finite resources. Here are initiatives helping us reach this goal:
- Moving to renewable inputs by collaborating on renewable LYCRA® fiber made with QIRA® and HeiQ AeoniQ™ fiber
- Switching to recycled content through our EcoMade family of products
- Developing products that reduce material usage such as LYCRA EnviroFit™ fiber, LYCRA HyFit® fiber, LYCRA® FitSense™ technology
- Enhancing garment durability through numerous offerings for longer wear life under the LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ brand
- Advancing recyclability by demonstrating the compatibility of LYCRA® T400® fiber with standard polyester recycling, making COOLMAX® EcoMade and THERMOLITE® EcoMade technologies from pre-consumer waste, and progressing our efforts to make LYCRA® fiber recyclable at the end of life
Read our 2022 Planet Agenda Update to learn more about our sustainable products.
Let us help you meet your sustainability commitments
Offering durable stretch fibers
Certified fabrics made with these spandex technologies deliver the lasting performance of LYCRA® XTRA LIFE™ fiber to a range of apparel end uses.
- LYCRA® ADAPTIV fiber
- LYCRA® BLACK technology
- LYCRA® FREEF!T® technology
- LYCRA® lastingFIT technology
- LYCRA® Anti-Slip technology
- LYCRA® DUAL COMFORT technology
- LYCRA® dualFX® technology
- LYCRA® lastingFIT 2.0 technology
- LYCRA® TOUGH MAX™ technology
- LYCRA® XFIT technology
Investing in circularity
We are fully invested in developing next generation technologies that will enable fabrics made with our fibers to be recycled at end of life, and in developing industrial compostable fibers for certain unique applications. These innovations are designed to deliver on our industry’s goal to close the loop—going beyond just having recycled fibers as input to ensuring those fibers can be recyclable or compostable at end of life.
We have started this process with COOLMAX® EcoMade and THERMOLITE® EcoMade technologies made from 100% textile waste. For LYCRA® fiber specifically, our long-term goal is to extract LYCRA® fiber from used garments, collect it, and re-spin it into new LYCRA® fiber.